Happy National Coffee Day!
You know I was happy! Not only did I have coffee from everywhere but I shared with friends and family in this gloomy time we are having. I was very educational to them and they loved me explaining the different aspects of coffee to them, like...
- Espresso- compressed coffee steamed
- Latte- Espresso and hot water
- Cafe au lait- Coffee and milk
Starbucks double shot ( espresso) on ice with 12 pumps of classic( syrup) and breve ( half and half) or soy; its funny when I send my friend or my mom to get one for me they all confused and I repeat it slow lol.
Did you take advantage of free coffee today? I did and so did people I know who kindly messaged me their pictures,
Ah the joy of sharing that caffeinated joy with everyone. Here are some fun facts that I have looked up over the years and tried or discovered,
- If you really want a jolt drink a light roast coffee, it is not as dark as dark roast being that it didn't sit and soak for a long time. Therefore making it a lot stronger than dark roast; dark roast is great for a flavor boost.
- Try to have your last cup by noon, because it takes all day for the caffeine to be used up in your body.
- If you do not like coffee try certain teas that will give you a boost, or better yet ice coffee seems to do the trick.
- Carbonated coffee is a new trend here in the states but not in places in Europe; where its a staple.
- Watching calories? skim, half and half, and soy are great add-on alternatives.
- Coffee doesn't stunt your growth, thank genetics for that one.
Until a week or so from now stay caffeinated