Newsletter Sign-Up

New Caffinate Finds: Cuban Coffee With Rum: Cuba Libre Restaurant


Hey everyone!

So I went out this past weekend to Cuba Libre Restaurant and after dinner, I had the opportunity to taste their Cuban coffee! Now you know I go crazy for different kinds of coffee but Cuban coffee is a fav! I want to go to Cuba just to have someone, some shop make it for me and give me beans to take home ( wait can I ?)

To take it up a notch, I had it with rum. Yes with rum. It was good and I could taste the rum but it did not overpower the drink. I would go back just for that and some Yucca. No lie, wait I think I will.....

It was not like an Irish Coffee if not made correctly and the whiskey over powers the coffee and it's more like you ordered Whisky with coffee. lol, I have learned when infusing alcohol with coffee correctly, doing it with the correct blend and milk is key. It can be a powerful thing if done correctly.

I want notes of a smooth, sweet and notes of the blend used.
Speaking of milk.........
I had mine with coconut milk.

What types of spirits do you infuse coffee with?
 Any favorite places I should try?

This is place 1 of my 12 place series of "New Coffee Finds".

Comments

Popular Posts

Wants ( updated every few months)