Newsletter Sign-Up

Coffee ED: Red Eye Vs Americano

 Americano vs Red Eye


                                                              Photo by Mayur on Unsplash


Americano. It is basically, *water and two shots of espresso ( can be more). Nothing too fancy; you can add milk and sweetener. That's basically it. Some say it's a bit watered down, but to be honest, all it does is take the taste and make it less intense. More of a mellowing down. Therefore not diluting it at all.  Need proof in my words? Here is an article that said the same things as I mentioned above. 


                    Photo by Demi DeHerrera on Unsplash (let's pretend this is a  red-eye. All it missing is it being brew coffee added to it )

I couldn't find a great red eye photo ( I have my own look below), but it is straightforward also. *Brewed coffee with a shot of espresso. According to this article, it's a working person's drink. My thoughts exactly. I was going to say it's really something you drinking the morning, and it's strong. It's supposed to taste strong. It is strong, and as the article says, they pour double shots anyway at coffee shops, so you will have a double. 

Have a taste, and let me know which is your go-to. Also, here are my photos of americanos and red eyes below. 

*remember both can be iced or hot* 



                                                                          Red eye from Vigilante Coffee 
                                                                      Americano - Gregory's 


Comments

Popular Posts

Wants ( updated every few months)