Newsletter Sign-Up

Coffee Confessionals : What is espresso ?

What is espresso you ask?




When I am asked what it is I simply say "concentrated coffee" They often look confused but its simple. When put into a machine, along with hot water compresses the coffee and creates espresso. They are served in shots and therefore many drinks contain it. Think cappuccino, red eye, macchiato and latte.  Need references? I have those too.

So the next time you are asked or want to be coffee savvy you can tell people what the difference between espresso and coffee is. You can indeed make espresso out the same coffee roast you have at home. I get mine ground to espresso or Turkish so that I can make them with my espresso makers or ibrik. That is another post.  

Comments

Popular Posts

Wants ( updated every few months)