Newsletter Sign-Up

How do you clean your brewing equipment ?

 Hey all, 


I wanted to do a Coffee"How to" since I haven't in a while. This one is on cleaning your machines, I mentioned a few that people have in their homes as well as shops. These are the ways based on research that works for me. There are many sources, I just included links for the ones I read and took note on. If you have ways of cleaning your equipment. please comment down below. Enjoy! 




Chemex Cleaning ( any brewer in the glass family) 
  1. White Vinegar- Pour about 30z more than your standard brewing cup and let it sit for 30 min. Pour, rinse and dry over night to get rid of the smell ( mak sure its upside down with a piece open to allow air in. ) - Via thekitchn
2. Ice , Salt, Soap, Shake! - Add ice,add salt, and swirl for a few mins. Pour the ice out, let it thaw, and rinse with soap and water. Dry as above. -Via Coffee Lovers TV

Photo by Mike Marquez on Unsplash

    Espresso Machines/Automatic coffee makers ( Think Keuirg) 

There are various cleaners named descalers that do the job for you, just follow the directions. Here is a list of a few. I will include the one I use for my Nespresso Machine.

*It is suggested about every two weeks or 15cups to have fresh-tasting coffee. Remember to read and follow the directions CLOSELY.


Photo by Shotlist on Unsplash

Moka Pots, Turkish Coffee Pot, ( brewers in this family)

  • I was told simply very hot water and wipe clean with a towel. You take the Moka pot apart even plastic and clean in with nothing but hot water. 



I hope this was of some help. I wanted to give a go-to guide on how to ensure that your cup of coffee is as fresh-tasting as your favorite shop.


How do you clean your at-home brewing items?





Comments

Popular Posts

Wants ( updated every few months)